23 March 2021

I Tried That ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader, 

We try at so many things.  We succeed at the ones that get our persistence and effort.  Our culture often abandons things that do not work out immediately.  We give up far too easily. 

Each of us has things about which we are passionate and those things get our best efforts.  We do what we believe.   I know that at times I fail to do what I believe.  Even in times of my deepest failures, I was trying things that I thought would work to avoid my pain and quell the darker voices within me.  The truth was that I was not trying hard enough to embrace my faith and following.  

It is difficult to always choose to follow Christ.  It is, however, always the right effort.  No matter what else we have tried to find in life and love it always comes back to Jesus.  It certainly is better to always try this first.  

We may make up stories in our head the circumvent faith and following but they are fantasy and will never satisfy.  I make no brook about this because I have tried and failed.  Nothing but Jesus will satisfy and that is not always easy to accept.  We want to be fulfilled by things that are not Christ. 

All that I do must be centered on Christ.  My trying must be to love the Father first and then share that love with others.  My efforts must pursue this above all and then all will be provided as I need.  Whatever I have tried, it has taught me that it is in Christ alone that I can succeed.  It is loving the Father as he does the Son that shows us the way.   

We will try many things.  I would say that the solace is that Christ is always there ready to show us the way home when we realize we are following the wrong gods.  We just need to take a moment and orient our efforts on the Father through the Son with the help of the Spirit.   From that direction flow grace and mercy to enable us to travel well, Dear Reader. 

Learn to be Still – The Eagles 

Just another day in paradise
As you stumble to your bed
Give anything to silence
Those voices ringing in your head
You thought you could find happiness
Just over that green hill
You thought you would be satisfied
But you never will
Learn to be still

We are like sheep without a shepherd
We don't know how to be alone
So we wander 'round this desert
Wind up following the wrong gods home
But the flock cries out for another
And they keep answering that bell
One more starry-eyed Messiah
Meets a violent farewell
Learn to be still
Learn to be still

Now the flowers in your garden
They don't smell so sweet, so sweet
Maybe you've forgotten
Heaven lying at your feet
Ay, yeah yeah

There are so many contradictions
In all these messages we send
Keep asking
How do I get outta here?
Where do I fit in?
Though the world is torn and shaken
Even if your heart is breakin'
It's waiting for you to awaken
Someday you will
Learn to be still
Learn to be still
Just keep on runnin'
Keep on runnin'
Oh, oh yeah, mm, mm
Just keep on runnin' 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From
My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page: 
www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings:
aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive: 
http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 


Perhaps when we are weary of trying, we can be still and find the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment