18 March 2021

I Tried That ~ The Bible (a different approach)

Greetings Dear Reader, 

Before you ponder that this is just another defense of the Bible, please bear with me for a moment.  Being sure that many have tried reading the Bible, they likely started in the beginning, hit the begets after Noah, and gave up.  I am not going to ask you to believe the Bible (I do believe it).  I am not even going to ask you to set aside your questions about it (I still have some).   


What I want to suggest is that you approach it as literature that gives you permission to start in the middle of the story.  This is what Tolkien does in the Hobbit.  We find out there is a vast history preceding the adventures of Bilbo.  Then we proceed to the Lord of the Rings Trilogy as our understanding evolves.  I value both the Old and New Testaments.  I would ask you to do what I did that helped me come to a better understanding of who Jesus is.  If we are going to seek him with all of our hearts, we need to see what the Son says about the Father.  Jesus is the best representation of him. 

What I would suggest, and I do this from time to time still, is that you read through the Gospels as if they are simply stories (they are not).  I would also suggest this order: John, Luke, Mark, and Matthew.   They each present differing views of the Father and of Jesus; the Father’s final Word.   There are some things to look for along the way that a very important to the story.   

The value of this that is allows us to see how the Father moves the story along.  The Gospel of John shows us with love and compassion how the Father wishes us to believe through the Son.  This is much the same as the Hobbit does for us, making us ready for the grand scale of the Lord of the Rings.  If you have not read Tolkien, then I will simply say that this order leads us from the story that pulls us into the great adventure that heralds the return of the King. 

Again, Dear Reader, I am no asking you to accept it all.  I am asking that you try this as a way of seeking the Father with all your heart.  If you have questions along the way about the story, feel free to write me.  You can send me your theological questions as well and I will lovingly answer them as best I can.  Theology, however, is not the purpose of this exercise.  You may email me at aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com

The purpose is to see who the Father is through his Son and the four differing but non-contradicting views of the Gospel writers.   Just to show my support, I will do this again in the next couple of weeks.  I promise to always journey with you, Dear Reader, as you are part of the joy in traveling.  

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

My parenthetical statements are for those who need me to verify my position (mostly those who believe as I do)

No comments:

Post a Comment