11 March 2021

Second Thoughts ~ Toaster Ovens of Enlightenment

Greetings Dear Reader, 

I suppose there are those who worship their appliances.  I am a fair cook and value the right kind of kitchen tools.  I love to cook for others and provide them an enjoyable meal.  When I reduced my possessions to the minimum, I sold or gave away most of my very nice appliances.  My current kitchen appliances consist of a crockpot and a microwave.  Oh, I also have a coffee pot but that is more a survival tool. 

I often ponder that a toaster oven would be a good tool to have but that desire butts against my need to keep my possessions at a minimum.  As I grow closer to owning a motorhome the need to have even less looms in importance.  There is also the spiritual aspect of this in that I will not be defined by what I possess.  There may, however, be appliances sending me messages that I need to heed. 

I was recently intrigued by the observation that when I warm up coffee in my used microwave, the rotation stops with the handle exactly where I started it no matter how long the warming time.  It causes me to wonder if all microwaves with rotation do this.  I also ponder if this is design or providence. 

Since the discovery of crockpot liner bags, my current crockpot has never been touched by food.  My virgin crockpot gives birth to some excellent meals.  I have even made a few divine confections in it. 

Then, there was yesterday.  I was at a local shop walking off some tension and perusing the aisles.  On the kitchen row, there were the usual coffee makers, instapots, and food processors.   On the center-left of the aisle was one of the nicest toaster ovens I have seen.  It was shiny, included convection, and even had an air fryer basket.  I pondered the toast over question once again.  

Reading through the buttons, I was awed to see that this toaster over had a function differing from all others I have seen.  The bottom button on the right is labeled “Inner Light”.  Finally, an appliance that offers enlightenment.  It was not plugged in so, I assumed that pushing the button would do no good.  Still, the hope that flows from knowing that were I to purchase this toaster oven, many other things might become clearer.  

It is good to know that in these trying days, Dear Reader, that the Father will even speak through our appliances.  Perhaps we can find blenders of reassurance and instapots of consolation to go with our toaster ovens of enlightenment.  They could help us paddle right out of the mess as long as we had sufficient extension cordage. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook
Twitter        
Medium
Instagram BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Why does fridge have a “D” when refrigerator does not?

No comments:

Post a Comment