31 July 2016

IF – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

We have choices to make.  The presidential election is coming and both of the primary choices bother me greatly.  It is, however, and if we must face.  Those who follow Christ are facing a world where their faith will be tested.

The big IF is this: IF I believe that Christ is the answer to the world’s ills then I must follow with all my heart.  I must be an example of grace and kindness in all things.   I know I will fail but I must work to become better at following with every if.

I am in many ways an idealist.  Imagine with me for a moment the biggest IF.   IF Christ followers set aside their differences and “self” what could we accomplish?  IF we lived the commands to love God and each other what could we do?  The world needs selfless love and compassion more than ever. 

IF we abandon our political and social differences and work only to show the love of Christ we can make a difference in the world.  IF we abandon sects for unity we can become a force that gently lovingly changes the world.  IF we give eternal value to every life then we can change things.

I cannot make the world do this.  I can strive every day to become this.  How about you Dear Reader?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment