22 July 2016

Satisfaction – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Satisfaction is elusive but attainable.  We must be discontent with our lack of it.   We must only pursue those things which truly satisfy.  We must also learn that contentment with that which is good is a great thing.

Things will not satisfy me.  Money is a love I dare not embrace.  Power is something I do not want.  It is in Christ alone that satisfaction is found for me.  It is in following the commands to love and grace that feel the most content. 

The current distresses that haunt me are passing.  The present conflicts are nothing if I find solace for them in Christ.  I have learned that no collection, game, or distraction will satisfy.  Now if I could only apply it in all things.

That, however, is always the challenge.  I must not find my contentment or satisfaction in the journey.  It is in the destination that it will be found.  If I thoughtlessly chase things that will not satisfy I waste my time and life.  In Christ alone my hope is found.

The times are changing.  There is something in the air that is different.  I follow Christ in hope that all will be as it should.  I must do so with eyes wide open to the truth that nothing will satisfy except Christ.

Times Like These – Dan Fogelberg

Tell me a secret, tell me a lie
Tell me the truth if you have to
Say what you see fit but don't ask me why
Love never seems to last you

In times like these
It's hard to keep a man off his knees
In times like these
It's hard to keep a man off his knees

Over a barrel, under a spell
Money's the demon that drives you
Limping through heaven or running through hell
Happiness smiles but denies you

In times like these
It's hard to keep a man off his knees
In times like these
It's hard to keep a man off his knees

Nothing before you, nothing behind
Thoughtlessly chasing the thunder
Traveling lightly, traveling blind
Never detouring to wonder why

Tell me a secret, tell me a lie
Tell me the truth if you have to
Say what you see fit but don't ask me why
Love never seems to last you

In times like these
It's hard to keep a man off his knees
In times like these
It's hard to keep a man off his knees

Nothing before you, nothing behind
Thoughtlessly chasing the thunder
Traveling lightly, traveling blind
Never detouring to wonder why

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment