24 July 2016

Second Thoughts – Stranger Things NO SPOILERS

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Those who know me well know that I find the writing of Steven King to be some of the most creative there is.  I recently encountered a new Netflix original series that echoes his mastery of the monsters and innocence tale.  It also captures the excellence of his ability to involve intrigue and conspiracy.  I was quite surprised indeed that it was not his work.

The show to which I refer is Stranger Things.   It is the story of young boys who are swept into a situation of chaos, danger, and conspiracy.  The story is told with an excellent eye to the lives and doings of young boys.  It captures the spirit of the moment between childhood and puberty.

All that happens in this tale is measured with fine action and poignant dialogue.   The boys chosen to play the lead roles in this are perfect in time and physique for the parts.  Their personalities shine through as young actors.   

At the heart of the story are lessons in faith, magic, and the unknown that we can all share.  It is worth the time to watch this show.  I look forward to its next installment.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment