12 July 2016

Second Thoughts – And the Southern Cross – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

So we cheated and we lied and we tested
And we never failed to fail; it was the easiest thing to do.
You will survive being bested;
Somebody fine will come along, make me forget about loving you.
And the Southern Cross.

We do that to each other.  We cheat, lie, and test.   We fail because it is easy.  We take and break solemn vows to God.  We do not love when we should.  We give up on love when we should hold on a little longer.

I have failed at love because I would not keep trying.  I have failed at it because I wanted my own needs met.  It is what we do.  It is our baser nature to fail when we don’t get what we want.  This is not the essence of love. 

We encourage people to leave and move on to “better” things.  We support people in rejecting love they have vowed to sustain.  When Avalon left me people thought and still think that I would be fine.  The message they want me to hear is that I can abandon this love I took up and vowed to hold. 

Love endures all things.  Love believes all things.  Love never fails.  I may have to travel the rest of the journey alone.  I may spend my nights in solitude.  I will not pine away. It is not about false hope or not accepting reality.  It is about the nature of eternal things. 

My love is not supposed to be based on what others say or do.  It is not rooted in the proximity of others.  It is rooted in the eternal nature of vows to God and his love for me.  It is rooted in the love I receive from God that I am supposed to mirror to others..and the Southern Cross

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment