16 July 2016

Satisfaction – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

What does it mean to be satisfied?  It is a fleeting pursuit or a state of rest.  It is a state or a quest.  Often when we grasp what we think will satisfy but it does not.  We lie, cheat, and steal to get satisfaction but we do not get it.

When we are truly satisfied it is beautiful.  From what does that satisfaction spring?  From where does it stem?  Where does it go when we lose it?  The answers to these questions yield a path.  It is that path that joins the greater way in following Christ.

There are things that I need and there are things that I want.  The line between the two is not always clear to me.  It is always clear to God.  This is why I must follow.  I must learn when to be satisfied and when to be dissatisfied.  I must ask and answer the questions around this so that I can use wisdom in discerning.  I must follow both paths as required.

Walk with me as I deal with my dissatisfaction over the question of satisfaction.  We will likely find a laugh or two in this serious endeavor.  As always Dear Reader your part in the conversation is welcome. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment