10 July 2016

Second Thoughts – And the Southern Cross – All that I have left

Greetings Dear Reader,

So I'm sailing for tomorrow; my dreams are a dyin'.
And my love is an anchor tied to you, tied with a silver chain.
I have my ship and all her flags are a flyin'
She is all that I have left, and music is her name.

The waters get a little rough here.   Sometimes we do not know that our dreams are dying.  We are sometimes the last to find out that someone has killed their portion in supporting them. 

We cannot control this.  We should not try.  People will run from the truth.  Dreams will die.  Tomorrow will still come and that is where we find our hope.  That is where we set our sails, fly our fags, and anchor our hope.

My love is still anchored in some aspects.  My friend Dwight asked me if there is a time to just let it go.  If we forsake love then our love was not unconditional.  If we abandon the love then our broken hearts will never mend.  We may ”move on” but we do so denying a part of ourselves.

Christ is my true anchor and my love for him will never fail me.  I may fail it.  I may fail to see it.  Others can shatter me but Christ will take the pieces.  He may become all that I have left because of the actions of others.  If, however, I continue to love him and them I will find my way.

So I sail for tomorrow, burying my dead dreams but never cutting the ties to the love I vowed to hold for a lifetime.  I have my ship, Jesus, and even if I am proven wrong and a fool I will have sailed through the journey loving others.  I know it is better than that.  I believe the journey ends well.  Only tomorrow will tell.    

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment