08 July 2016

Second Thoughts – And the Southern Cross – Moments of Wonder

Greetings Dear Reader,

Let me beg\in by apologizing to those of you Dear Reader who have inherited an ear worm from this series of ponderings.  I did not intend that.  You know you are.  Feel free to gripe at me about it.

When you see the Southern Cross
For the first time
You understand now
Why you came this way

There are a few moments of abject wonder in my life.  These are moments where the power and majesty of creation have overwhelmed me.  The first time I saw ball lightning was one.  When I saw the green flash was another.  At the top is the Southern Cross. 

I was on an urgent mission of mercy.  I was taking a great risk to help someone in need.  The venture would cost me much over the ensuing years.  I would be rejected for my actions.  I would be deposed as well.  I would lose Avalon and be alone eventually.

As I was on my flight to Australia late at night I gazed out the window at the clear sky.  Below me was the vast Pacific Ocean.  Then above me almost at eye level in the night was the Southern Cross.  The line from the song popped into my head.  I was awed by its simple and magnificent beauty.

As I prayed for the Daughter I went to rescue I saw the amazing power of God in the creation.  He created the stars and knew I would arrive in this moment.  He knew I would be praying for this girl who so needed a loving family.   He knew I would make the connections.

He created the love that I hold for my children and Him.  He created the men who made this song possible.  In that moment I did understand.  This is not madness though it may sound like it.  Rather it is clarity.

“The heavens declare the glory of God and the sky shows his handiwork. “

When we act out of love we enter a sacred space.  I do not do this as often as I wish.  In that moment though I got a clearer picture that when we choose to love we get the power to never let go of it.  We gain a footing in the stars to rise above selfishness and self-centered thinking.  We have the power to crush barriers and become the hands and feet of God.

As I prayed and wept over the beauty that was in that moment I had no idea what I would face.  I also knew that I had understanding of why I had made the journey.  That journey has defined so much of the rest of the journey.  On that midnight watch I saw what could be if love overshadows all that I do and the Southern Cross.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment