20 July 2016

Satisfaction - Contentment

Greetings Dear Reader,

This is something I have not mastered but wish to master.  I want to be content in whatever state I find myself.  I am further down this path than I was but it would be a lie to say that I have mattered this. 

Contentment is one of those ever needed and elusive qualities.  It is one of the things that is a two sided coin and the obverse is dangerous.  We must be content with things we cannot change.  It is not that we accept that things will not change.  We accept when we cannot control change.

My duty to love, kindness, grace, and mercy is the same no matter what the circumstances.  Those who follow Christ should be able to live this way under any circumstance.  The commands to be these things are not circumstantial. 

  • I am to love God in any situation with all my heart, soul, and mind.
  • I am to love my neighbor.
  • I am to love my enemies.


The essence of contentment is found in this.  The things I do that show greed or avarice violate these commands.  When I am discontent with the state I am in I cannot focus on the love I must show to others.  I cannot put the needs of others ahead of my greed if I do not learn contentment. 

There are also things about which I must not be content.  I must never be content with my devotion to Christ.   It can grow deeper every day.  I must never be content with my love for my fellow travelers.  I can always learn ways to show that love more deeply.  Relationships sour because we do not do this.

I must never be content with a world that does not know Christ.  This does not mean that I do anything unkind or force him on the world.  It means that I love him and follow as faithfully as I can.  It means that I see everything through the lens of my obligation to love and his promise to return al things to good.  The world will  not be content until all things are returned to good.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment