17 July 2016

Satisfaction – Can’t Get No

Greetings Dear Reader,

We rarely are satisfied.  That is both good and bad.  I must never be satisfied with “good enough”.  My Grandfather would always say, “good, better, best’ never let it rest, until your good is better and you better is your best.”

I told this to my students for years and demanded it.  We must give our very best in what we do.  This is what God expects of us.  It is our obligation that whatever we do we must do it with all our hearts to the Father.

We also must realize that satisfaction with food, leisure, and things is fleeting.    The taste fades.  Rest becomes restlessness.  Things decay, tarnish, or become mundane.  The only thing that endures is not a thing.

We are not meant to be satisfied with the world as it is.  Whether you adopt the position that man can make it better or that God is working to bring things back to good, we are dissatisfied with the world as it is.  A simple look at the world around us tells us that things are not good.

I cannot get satisfaction here.  Since I chose that Christ would be my hope and strength things are easier.  My selfish nature still calls out to be satisfied by things that are here.  Jesus gave us absolute instructions about where to place our desires and hope.  When I am hungry for true satisfaction it is found in Christ alone for me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment