11 July 2016

Second Thoughts – And the Southern Cross – And You Know it Will

Greetings Dear Reader,

Think about how many times I have fallen
Spirits are using me larger voices callin'.
What heaven brought you and me cannot be forgotten.
I have been around the world,
Lookin' for that woman, girl,
Who knows love can endure.
And you know it will.

There is a lot here.  It is the chorus that drives home the point.  It is the powerful and important.  There are things here I must embrace if I am honest.  This is also the place where some see a problem with this piece of music.  First I will deal with what I must acknowledge: 
  • I have fallen so many times
  • Spirits use me whether those spirits are good or evil
  • I cannot forget what heaven (God) has done in my life
  • I have searched long and hard for someone who puts enduring love first
  • Love will endure

I have fallen many times.  I fail.  I fall and forget to follow Christ.  Notice that the writer does not say ”you” or “we”.  It is my obligation to see to my own failings in every relationship.  If I see to my own sin and follow Christ then I will be able to love others properly.

Whether it is the Holy Spirt or good or fallen angels, I am used by spiritual beings.   It may be as a tool, a pawn, an example, or a beloved child.  There are no secular moments.  There are no rusty swords in this battle.  There is no truce, cease fire, or armistice.  Every action of mine serves those that are good or evil.  It is true no matter who I feel about it.

I must not forget the good that has been brought into my life.  I must not discount the good others have done.  I must give God the credit for all of it.  All good things come from the Father.  All good things  come from the Father.  Failing to live this is failing to be properly “used”.  

I have searched as long as I can remember for a fellow traveler who will put love first in all things.  No human can do this in every instance.  I realize that.  I still know that things work when we work to put love first in every situation.  For some reason I have not found that.  I owe to everyone to be this way.

Love can endure.  Love endures all things.  Love believes and fights for dominance.  Love can heal everything and “you know it will.”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment