29 September 2016

Broken Roads – Bleeding Feet

Greetings Dear Reader,

Recently I spent a number of days walking all day.  On the second to last day my feet got wet due to a short rainstorm.  By the end of the day I had a very large blister on one foot and a blood blister on the other.  I also had another day of walking to do.   

By the end of that day’s walking the large blister had burst and the blood blister had swollen.  Walking was difficult.  The socks I had on needed to be discarded.  Thanks to my Daughter, my Brother, and my Sister-In-Law I got the care I needed for them to heal.

It reminded me of a time when I had another injury and the response from those who were supposed to care for me was to chide me for getting hurt.  It became about the delay I was causing and the cost of my care instead of my broken bones. 

One of the dangers of broken roads is that we take damage as we travel.  It is the responsibility of fellow travelers to care for each other.  It is my obligation not to shoot the wounded.  It is my duty to help them up, walk with them, and help tend to their hurts where I can.

The damage others take is the opportunity to show love and compassion.   Instead too many of those who claim to follow see the damage in others as the opportunity to judge and condemn.   Condemnation of others is such a broken road.  It is marked with injury and harm.  It is in the pain that we can see the we are all on the same journey.  If we go down the broken road of judgment, then we do more damage to ourselves and others.

When others suffer it is my place to avoid the broken road and take the narrow one.  I must take the narrow road of love and kindness.  When we care for each other the travel is so much easier.  The road is so much smoother. We can avoid the broken road of judgment and tend to the bleeding feet of the weary.  It will provide great joy in this journey.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment