12 September 2016

East to West - The Day Begins

Greetings Dear Reader,

“I start the day, the war begins, endless reminding of my sin. Time and time again Your truth is drowned out by the storm I'm in. Today I feel like I'm just one mistake away from You leaving me this way.”

Most mornings the first few moments of being awake are great.  I usually awaken with music in my head.  It is almost always some song that I love or need to learn from that day.  Then there is the processing of what must be done.  That is when I remember that I am alone.  That is when I the guilt, the loneliness, and the reminders of my failures begin to vie for my attention.

It is only by placing my faith if following Christ for the next moment that I find the will and strength to write, work, prepare, and live.  I learn in those moments that I would rather follow than falter. 

I know that God will not reject me yet the rejections from my past try to make me believe that I am always going to be rejected.  Experience with humans MUST NOT translate to my expectations of God.

The Father loves me as and where I am.  He does not require perfection and he does not care about the past failure.  What he wishes is that I follow his Son in the moment.  He does not promise that I will not still feel how I feel.  I am not assured that I will not struggle.  I am promised that my needs will be met.

It is the reminder of my failures that I use to drive me toward Christ.  What I am when I do not is hurried.   The east to west becomes evident when I follow.  It becomes blurred when I do not.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment