11 September 2016

East to West – A Reminder of Distance

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Jesus, can You show me just how far the east is from the west 'cause I can't bear to see the man I've been come rising up in me again.”

The things I want are simple.  I think that the pain of the past often causes me to forget the Father’s forgetfulness when it comes to past failures.  I never want to be the man I used to be before I became moment by moment serious about following Christ. 

I can count all of the terrible things I used to do to and know when they try to assert themselves.  It is not enough to decide I am not going to “do ths again.”   I must moment by moment do what is right so that I do not have time to do what is wrong. 

It is in the following that peace is found.  It can be a struggle and part of that struggle is forgetting the depth to which I am forgiven.  People will remember our past failures and treat us badly based on them.  Jesus does not.

I need to be reminded daily how far the east is from the west.  I need to walk in that remembrance.  It is in this that I live and move and have my being.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment