05 September 2016

Stress Free or Free Stress - Time and Schedules

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things that I used try to control was time.  Not just for me but for everyone around me.  I like things scheduled, planned, evaluated, revised, and followed.  Of course that is not how many people work.

This does not mean that it is wrong to schedule, plan, evaluate, revise, and follow (SPERF).  It does mean that I must allow for the needs of others in my SPERF.  It means that just because the SPERF is up no one else should be forced to get on board.  When I want things done this way I am not allowed to impose my needs on others. 

If others agree to the schedule then they have an obligation to follow it or communicate if they cannot.  I have an obligation to look for their needs and adjust where necessary.  Time like everything else is a gift given for us to use to follow Christ. 

Too often as a project manager I see people make the schedule the god over the needs of people and even the project.  I have respect for the schedule but it is a plan not the holy writ.   Doing the project right and being good to the hard working people involved is the priority. 

If we think about it, time is subjective to the constructs we build around it.  We should adhere to our time commitments but we should not stress others or become stressed over them.  We should communicate honestly and see that most time constructs are subjective.   We must never but the subjective ahead of the needs of people.

I must redeem the time given me but I must not stress others to make a dead line that I created.  I must give every moment to Christ but not damage others for the sake of the clock.  I must keep my time commitments but be honest if I am in a crunch.   It is time that it our tool not being a tool about time that matters.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment