03 September 2016

Stress Free or Free Stress - Dramatis Persona

Greetings Dear Reader,

People can be stressful.  There are those who cause stress without meaning to do so.  There are also those who cause stress because they thrive on it.  There is also the aspect of the problems of others causing us stress.

I have a friend who thrives on drama.  He never has a good day.  On the very best days he can find the dark cloud that produced the silver lining.  He injects drama into everything.   This is how he copes with the unhappiness in his life.

When we let the drama of others cause us stress we become bit actors in their passion play.  That is not our role.  I do not wish to push the metaphor too far.  I also want to be clear that when we draw others into our drama we create stress for them.  That is not loving or kind.

There is drama enough in life without inventing it.  The problems of the real world offer enough challenge.  When I create drama I am robbing others of peace.  I am putting them in the position of having to deal with my problems when they may not wish to be involved.

We are all party of a story.  That does not mean that we have to impose the hard parts of our story on others.  Further we must never create drama just to get what we want.  It is in Christ that we find all the supporting cast we need.  If I give my drama to him he will care for me.  To walk in any other path is bad lighting and poorly scripted.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment