04 September 2016

Stress Free or Free Stress - It Is Only Money

Greetings Dear Reader,

Money is not the root of all evil.  The love of money is.  Lack of money can be the root of much stress.  There are so many reasons why we do not have enough of it.  Some are our own doing.  Many are not.

Many factors contribute to this stress.  We are not supposed to have any of it.  Let me be clear that I do not believe the teachings of those who say we are supposed to always be in prosperity as Christ followers.  We will have needs.  We will not always be rich.

We will have our needs provided for if we follow in faith.  Sometimes we do not agree with the Father as to what our needs are.  When we disagree with God, however, we are always wrong.  Again, we may not agree with that but it is nonetheless true. 

So what should be my approach to avoid stress over money?  I think a list is appropriate here.  Remember Dear Reader, I am not dictating to you and would never minimize your concerns over your needs.  I am merely pondering aloud for the sake of my own journey and sharing it with you.

I must not try to live above my means.  It is OK to want things and to save for them but if I use my money or go into debt just to have the thing, meal, or experience I want then the stress of that debt is my own creation.
I must not fail to give to others.  When I am vigilant to share what I have with those in need then it mitigates my worries and allows the Father to pour his blessings into my life.
I must not be dependent upon my job for my needs.  The Father has promised to supply my needs according to his ability to supply.  This means that if I follow in faith my needs will be met.  He never promised to give me all I want.  He knows my needs before I know them.

Worry over money never creates more money.  Stress what I have or do not have will never make me wealthy or healthy.  If I truly believe that the Father has all things under his care then worry and stress over money are not my place.  Problems associated with lack of money are opportunities to follow in faith.  If I chase money I will always have stress.  If I chase Christ I will find peace.  It really is that simple.

The Power of Gold – Dan Fogelberg

The story is told of the
Power of gold
And its lure on the unsuspecting
It glitters and shines
It badgers and blinds
And constantly needs protecting.

Balance the cost of the soul you lost
With the dreams you lightly sold
Are you under
The power of gold?

The letters and calls
Got you climbing the walls
And everyone wants a favor
They beg to remind you
Of times left behind you
But you know the past is a loser.

The face you're wearing is different now
And the days run hot and cold
Are you under
The power of gold?

You're a creature of habit
Run like a rabbit
Scared of a fear you can't name
Your own paranoia
Is looming before you
But nobody thinks that
It's a game.

Balance the cost of the soul you lost
With the dreams you lightly sold
Then tell me
That you're free
Of the power of gold.

The women are lovely
The wine is superb
But there's something about the song
That disturbs you...

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment