17 September 2016

The Main Quest – Rules of the Quest

Greetings Dear Reader,

In every quest there are rules.  There are guiding principles.  There are imposed standards.  There are guidelines.  These rules are either intended to protect or manipulate.  The rules are either good or bad.  In any event when the one questing violates the rules there are consequences.  Following them can also yield rewards.

It is not my place to dictate rules.  I am required to discern which ones come from the right sources.  The quest is fraught with danger.  Some of the rules; the ones from the proper sources are there to protect the traveler.  They exist to keep us moving toward the main quest.

One can argue all one wishes about the rules and their source but there are some that work at the universal level.


Rules of the Quest:

  • Love your guide (Love the Lord God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength)
  • Love your fellowship, party, or fellow travelers (Love your neighbor)
  • Love the evil wizard, evil dragon, evil killer bunny (Love your enemies)
  • Be Good (Lawful, Chaotic, or otherwise)

I realize that sometimes we feel like the game master is just messing around with us.  The problem is that we do not know the end of the quest and he does.  We try to circumvent the rules and meta-game our way through the journey.  This also does not work. 

I must discern if the rules relate to the main rules listed above.  I must understand that the journey is my responsibility and my obligation.  I must follow the leader of the fellowship with all my heart.  It is the only way I can get to the main quest.

Bungle in the Jungle – Jethro Tull

Walking through forests of palm tree apartments
Scoff at the monkeys who live in their dark tents
Down by the waterhole
Drunk every Friday
Eating their nuts
Saving their raisins for Sunday.
Lions and tigers
Who wait in the shadows
They're fast but they're lazy, and sleep in green meadows

Let's bungle in the jungle
Well, that's all right by me
I'm a tiger when I want love
But I'm a snake if we disagree

Just say a word and the boys will be right there
With claws at your back to send a chill through the night air
Is it so frightening to have me at your shoulder?
Thunder and lightning couldn't be bolder
I'll write on your tombstone; I thank you for dinner
This game that we animals play is a winner

Let's bungle in the jungle
Well, that's all right by me
I'm a tiger when I want love
But I'm a snake if we disagree

The rivers are full of crocodile nastiest
And He who made kittens put snakes in the grass
He's a lover of life but a player of pawns
Yes, the King on His sunset lies waiting for dawn
To light up His Jungle as play is resumed
The monkeys seem willing to strike up the tune

Let's bungle in the jungle
Well, that's all right by me
I'm a tiger when I want love
But I'm a snake if we disagree

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment