23 September 2016

The Batter Swings and the Summer Flies – The Fall Classic

Greetings Dear Reader,

Twenty-one years ago the summer ended with my beloved Braves winning and winning.  They took the world series and dominated the division for the next fourteen seasons.  This year, with only a couple of weeks left in the season they are at the other end of the race.  Thanks to the Twins they are not the worst team in baseball but only by a narrow margin.

The baseball season, however, is apocalyptic.   The Chicago Cubs are the best team in baseball.  They have already clenched their division and may finish the regular season with the best record in the game. 

This could be the year that the Cubs take it all.  This makes me happy for my friends who are Cubs fans.  It has been a long dry time for them.  Once the Braves are out of it I really have little interest in who wins as long as it is not the Yankees. 

By the time the fate of the Cubs is decided the air will be chill and the trees almost barren of leaves.  If there is a game seven of the World Series it will be played on November 2nd.   Most thoughts will have turned to post Halloween candy sales and where to find the best turkey.  Depending on the weather a game could even be snowed out.

Time will flow and the world will move on to Christmas and the New Year.   As I enjoy the movement of the season I will enjoy the changes around me.  My thoughts will mostly be on the unfolding of Advent by then.  Still the fall classis is one of the beacons of hope I see through the year. 

As winter descends from the north a portions of my mind will turn to Spring.   I will await the heralds of new life and new chances found in the new leaves, warming air, and opening day.  As the summer flies away I do not wish away the Autumn and Winter but I always move through them with the hope of new life and new opportunity.

It is the way of following Christ.  There is always hope.  There is always another chance.  Death gets turned back to life.  The hope of the resurrection is renewed.  The world moves in series in the unfolding spiral that is life.  It is always in the following that joy is found.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment