10 September 2016

East to West – Never Left; Never Forsaken

Greetings Dear Reader,

“I know You've cast my sin as far as the east is from the west and I stand before You now as though I've never sinned but today I feel like I'm just one mistake away from You leaving me this way”

It is the resurgence of false or past guilt that freezes me.  It comes to me in the wee hours of the morning or when I am in a tense situation.   The voices in my head bring up the past and remind me of the treacherous shortcuts that bring temporary relief but enhanced pain later.

It is never that Christ will abandon me or give up on me.  He already knows everything that I will ever do and think.  Rather it is that my fallen nature wants me to be debilitated.  It is the joust between faith and falsehood that I attend daily as both spectator and prize.  The hitch is that I decide who wins. 

I choose how I will deal with the reminders and how I will let them impact my life.  It is my obligation to forbid that past to hinder the present.  I must always remember how Christ views me.  He has already dealt with my failures and gives me the opportunity to experience his grace and peace. 

The greater failure is to avoid having faith in that provision.  I need to experience the grace given me in every moment.  That sounds mystical but in practical application it really works.  It is a moment by moment choice that I must make in learning how far the east is from the west.  

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment