07 September 2016

East to West - Opening

Greetings Dear Reader,

Psalm 103:12 - As far as the east is from the west— that is how far he has removed our rebellious acts from himself.

Once again a song has wormed its way into my brain and will not let go.  It is a good song with many inroads into my life.  It has been there when I awakened every day for about a week.  It floats through my mind unbidden whenever I am not concentrating on anything else.  It resurges as I drift off to sleep.

It is a good thing I like the song and I really do.  I must see what it is trying to teach me.  As I walk through the verses I will ponder the theology and lessons in the song.  I do not feel that I am in any spiritual danger and that intrigues me further.

Enjoy the song and walk with me as I try to figure out what it is telling me.  Your company always makes the journey better Dear Reader.

East to West – Casting Crowns

Here I am, Lord, and I'm drowning in your sea of forgetfulness
The chains of yesterday surround me
I yearn for peace and rest
I don't want to end up where You found me
And it echoes in my mind, keeps me awake tonight
I know You've cast my sin as far as the east is from the west
And I stand before You now as though I've never sinned
But today I feel like I'm just one mistake away from You leaving me this way

Jesus, can You show me just how far the east is from the west
'cause I can't bear to see the man I've been come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other

I start the day, the war begins, endless reminding of my sin
Time and time again Your truth is drowned out by the storm I'm in
Today I feel like I'm just one mistake away from You leaving me this way

I know You've washed me white, turned my darkness into light
I need Your peace to get me through, to get me through this night
I can't live by what I feel, but by the truth Your word reveals
I'm not holding on to You, but You're holding on to me
You're holding on to me

Jesus, You know just how far the east is from the west
I don't have to see the man I've been come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other
One scarred hand to the other
From one scarred hand to the other.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment