13 September 2016

East to West – Who Holds Whom?

Greetings Dear Reader,

“I can't live by what I feel, but by the truth Your word reveals I'm not holding on to You, but You're holding on to me You're holding on to me.”

So much of the wrong side of Christianity teaches us that we have to hold on to Christ to keep our relationship with him.  To manipulate believers constructs have been created that make us think we have to struggle and suffer to earn God’s continued love and acceptance.  The truth of this is truly as far as the East is from the West. 

Jesus made it clear that all that were his would not be taken from him.  He also made it clear that he would not cast them out. That means you and I Dear Reader.  The truth is that Jesus pursues us relentlessly. 

On my very darkest day Christ is there in every moment.  In most wicked moment Christ is there begging me to follow him and not my own will.   Even when I ignore him he stays with me.  I can hold on to Christ if I choose to but the reality is that he always holds onto me. 

No matter how I feel or think Jesus is there in every moment holding me as his own.  I must walk by faith in the truth of these promises.  It is never that I merit God’s favor.  It is that I always have it and need to tap into the riches that it provides.   I am never not his no matter how I feel.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment