26 September 2016

The Batter Swings and the Summer Flies – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

The world is working its way to gray.  The sun rises a little later every morning.  The memories of this summer will long linger for me.  The trip to the ocean was great.  The Disney trip was magical for my Daughter.  I shared some great times at the pool with my Grandsons and Son.

The pool is closed and has a covering of Locust leaves.  The water is too cold for swimming now anyway.  The last week of September will be swallowed by the wind.  Before long my windows will be decorated by morning frost.  The world will move towards the closing of the year.

Some of the classics of Autumn are on the horizon.  My Son mentioned apple picking and pie making.  My local grocer is already featuring cranberry sauce and bread crumbs.  Those moments of crisp clean air will surprise me with deep breaths and the feeling of being energized by cold.

The seasons move in their courses without regard to our wish for another swim, another campout, or another inning.  The year seems to have slipped by so quickly as we usher in its last quarter.  As life moves on with the seasons I can look back on the memories of summer and look forward to the next one.

More importantly what I must do is embrace and cherish the moments.  I must take the time to enjoy every fiery maple leaf and brisk breeze.  I must remember the needs of others as the world grows colder.  I must see my life reflected in the seasons.  I must find Christ in the moments and follow.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment