09 September 2016

East to West – I Don’t Want to End up Where you Found Me

Greetings Dear Reader,

“The chains of yesterday surround me, I yearn for peace and rest.  I don't want to end up where You found me and it echoes in my mind, keeps me awake tonight.”

The wolf is always at the door.  The flesh wars against the spirit and the spirit against the flesh.  The things that I want to do that are wrong always clamor for my attention.   They want to distract me from what is good and kind.  They offer paths other than the journey.

I recall what it was like before I chose to follow Christ.  All I wanted was escape from the pain I constantly carried.  Some of it is still there but it no longer controls me or makes me want to die. 

I am not in a dark place whilst I walk through this sign.  I am wrestling with being alone.  It takes a constant remembrance that the Father knows my needs and has all in hand.  I truly believe this.  It is late at night, when I retire alone that the darkness reminds me how lonely I am. 

It is in these moments that faith matters.  It is in this time that I decide if I am going to follow for not.  The trick is that I will choose to follow.  It is not in me to do it on my own but Christ promises to give both the will and the ability to follow. 

Once again it comes down to faith.  I must live what I believe.    I must actively follow even in the darkness I must follow and believe.

Loose Ends – Dan Fogelberg

Climbing a mountain
In darkness
Stranded alone on the ledge.
Every attempt that I make to hold on
Pushes me nearer the edge.

Sensing the changes impending
My thoughts are diffused by despair
I feel like I'm swimming straight up
Underwater
Desperately racing for air
I'm racing for air.

And the chords struck at birth
Grow more distant
Yet, we strike them again and again.
And we plead and we pray
For a glimmer of day
As the night folds its wings
And descends
Exposing the loose ends.

Surrounding myself with possessions
I surely have more than I need
I don't know if this is justice, hard earned,
Or simply a matter of greed
A matter of greed.

And the chords struck at birth
Grow more distant
Yet, we strike them again and again.
And we plead and we pray
For a glimmer of day
As the night folds its wings
And descends
Exposing the loose ends.

And the chords struck at birth
Grow more distant
Yet, we strike them again and again.
And we plead and we pray
For a glimmer of day
As the night folds its wings
And descends
Exposing the loose ends.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment