02 September 2016

Stress Free or Free Stress – Imagined Adventures

Greetings Dear Reader,

The week before I went on vacation the two fine people I report to at work had a meeting with me.  It was all good.  We worked through a customer issue and learned how to handle it in the future.  I must say that these are two of the finest people for whom I have ever worked.

At the end of the conversation one says to the other, “Should we talk with him about the other thing?”  The other one say, “Not now.”

They both look at me letting me know that I can leave.  Now this is a real challenge to my obsessive paranoid brain.  I determine to be patient and leave.  I mention it in passing to one of them the day before I leave for vacation.   She laughs at me with that laugh that says “I like to turn the rotisserie and you are the chicken.”  

I want to be clear that she and I have a relationship where this is acceptable and even beneficial to me.  Still it is two weeks past my vacation and no word about the cryptic question.  The man I used to be wants to worry, stress, ponder and imagine.  He wants to imagine adventures that end in my demise.

I am a master a turning the benign into stress.  I am working hard to master this mastery so it is no longer my master.  The trick is to capture the first thoughts before they can become a horror story.  The process is to realize that if I imagine a bad adventure it will only cause me stress.  If I create the horror story before it happens then I live the horror whether or not it happens.

Instead I look at the truth.  I look at the fact that if I am following Christ I can let him carry the future and I need only do what is right in the moment.  In the moment it is always right to trust.  It is always right to have faith.  The joy is in the journey not in imagining adventures that will harm me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment