27 September 2016

Broken Roads - Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Recently I was driving down one of the busier streets in our town.  The pavement is cracked and ruddy from heat and cold and harsh conditions.  When I reached the intersection where the road crosses a large motorway the pavement changed.  The feel of fresh pristine blacktop under my tires was amazing.  The sound was less, the ride smooth, and wish was that it never end.

When I was much younger I had the same experience on a motorcycle over 145 miles of newly opened interstate.  I can still feel the smoothness of that ride.  The beauty of the stars in my solitary night ride held the feeling of drifting through the air unfettered by anything.  The memory of that unbroken road is the standard by which I measure all roads riding or driving. 

We take so many roads.  Some are rough and hard.  Occasionally there is one that is easy and light.  Too often we choose broken roads when we are called to take the narrow one where the burden is light.  We choose roads where there is guaranteed pain and sorrow.  We choose the ones where the sings warn us:  Turn Back, Road Closed, or Danger.

We convince ourselves that we have a tough four wheeled drive vehicle.  We arrogantly believe that we can travel the road unharmed.  We lie to ourselves that we can travel the broken roads in the world.  Jesus made it clear that the way is narrow.  I have discussed that Jesus makes it clear also that he is the way, the truth, and the life. 

I see so many that I love traveling broken roads.  The pains that we self-inflict to hide other pains become the treacherous roads that destroy our ability to travel.  The journey does not have to be this way.  As I travel I need to think through the roads that look like a challenge but are really a temptation to detour to destruction. 

Ride with me a bit as we look at the road and its place in the journey.  As always Dear Reader your questions and thoughts are welcome.  Oh and don’t forget to look for the beauty along the way.  There is plenty.

Someone Worth Dying For – MIKESCHAIR

You might be the wife,
Waiting up at night
You might be the man,
Struggling to provide
Feeling like it's hopeless
Maybe you're the son
Who chose a broken road
Maybe you're the girl
Thinking you'll end up alone
Praying God can you hear me?
Oh, God are you listening?

Am I more than flesh and bone?
Am I really something beautiful?
Yeah, I want to believe,
I want to believe that
I'm not just some wandering soul
That you don't see and you don't know
Yeah, I want to believe,
Jesus help me believe
That I am someone worth dying for

I know you've heard the truth
That God has set you free
But you think you're the one
That grace could never reach
So you just keep asking,
Oh, what everybody's asking

Am I more than flesh and bone?
Am I really something beautiful?
Yeah, I want to believe,
I want to believe that
I'm not just some wandering soul
That you don't see and you don't know
Yeah, I want to believe,
Jesus help me believe
That I am someone worth dying for

You're worth it, you can't earn it
Yeah, the cross has proven,
That you're sacred and blameless.
Your life has purpose!

You are more than flesh and bone
Can't you see your something beautiful
Yeah, you gotta believe, you gotta believe
He wants you to see,
He wants you to see that
You're not just some wandering soul
That can't be seen and can't be known
You gotta believe, you gotta believe
That you are someone worth dying for

You're someone worth dying for
Someone worth dying for

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment