07 October 2018

An Unfailing Process ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

An honest look at where we are in life can reveal much.  We must think reasonably about what we do and why we do it.  Failure to think well leads to words and actions that harm us and others.  This leads to character that has habits, practices, and a destiny that we do not desire.

“As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.”  We become what we think we are.  We are the product of the thoughts we had yesterday.  In our current culture we blame so many things on external forces and circumstances.  It is not what happens to us or around us that defines us unless we let it.  If we wallow in the things that are unpleasant we become unpleasing. 

The thing is, it is never too late.  “Yes, there are two paths you can go by but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on.”  We can change the way we think any moment we choose to do so.  We can be different in our minds and allow the unfailing process to let us become characterized by love, peace, grace, and kindness. 

We see the flaws of others so clearly and use them to mitigate the need to address our own.  This kind of thinking is what keeps us from healing and being able to follow Christ well.  I want to react to the current distresses in my life by forcing others to do what they said they would do.  That is not good thinking or the path of peace. 

What I will do is allow the unfailing process to have its way.  They do, after all, belong to God and not me.  He will care for them far better than I could even when they deny his power and authority.  Whether it is a human of the Father, how can we say we are thinking clearly if we deny showing love and grace to those we once claimed to love as family?  Whether that is biological or spiritual family, our assurances of love are supposed to be unwavering, unfailing, and always visible. 

As I make the turn in my thinking toward the holy days and the closing of the year, I do so with little certainty in many areas.  The thing of which I am certain is that if I order my thinking to capture every thought, the unfailing process will unfold as it should.  If I cast my thoughts on Christ and following him, he will lead me into more than I can fathom. 

I know no more of the road ahead than today.  If, however, I order my thoughts on Christ and his love then it will be the right road.  I still yearn for your company on the journey Dear Reader.  You are always welcome where I am going.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment