17 October 2018

The Least of These ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

Halloween is a couple of weeks away.  Harvests are mostly gathered in the Northern Hemisphere.  Spring planting and promise of harvest is renewed in the Southern one.  The world is ready to turn toward the season of celebrations and winter or summer.  In the United States there are already reminders of Thanksgiving and Christmas in the shops.  Our Canadian neighbors have already had their Thanksgiving.  Churches and social services organizations are gearing up for their campaigns to aid the poor.

I want to spend some time pondering the poor and who they really are.  I feel that we have set aside too much of our responsibility in helping those who are in need.  It seems to me that we do not really take care of each other.  I am not doing this because I want to shame or chastise anyone else.  Rather, even though I am struggling with my own needs, I have to make sure that I do what I can to help those in need.  I must not forget that part of my seeking the provision of my needs to ask that I have enough to help the poor.

It troubles me deeply that we need to think about this at all.  It should be our nature to care for those in need.  It should be part of our common practice to feed our enemies when they are hungry.  Instead we argue about it and point to our own fear as justification for it.

Please walk with me among the bright colours of Autumn in our hemisphere and the growing warmth of Spring in the Southern one.  Let us reason out how we can always have an eye out for those in need as we journey.  If I have little it does not free me from caring for those who have less.  When I have abundance, the responsibility is to understand and live out that I can do more.    I do not wish to fail whilst I am struggling to have the right heart, mind, and actions concerning those who are also in need.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    

No comments:

Post a Comment