13 October 2018

Daily Bread ~ Bread


Greetings Dear Reader,

There exist few smells in the world that please me more than that of baking bread.  When Avalon was still with me and we moved into our first apartment, she was so very excited that we could smell the bakery from our home.  When we moved into our first house, the first night we slept there I set the bread maker so that she could awaken to that aroma on the first morning in that home. 

There is something magical about warm fresh bread.  I used to include it whenever I made a special  dinner.  I would often choose it when selecting what to bring to a potluck meal.  We need to remember, however, that man does not live by bread alone.  We also need to recall the other half of that quote from Jesus, “Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.” 

Let us drill down on that for a moment.  If I make exquisite bread that is savory and sweet all at one but then declare the meal complete, there will not be satisfaction for my diners no matter how good the bread is.  Even thought this is true, it goes further than that.  The Father wants to give us so much more.

Living by every word is not just following a list of rules or subscribing to the demands of this or that church.  It is embracing the idea that we have a Father who loves us light-years beyond the love of our earthly progenitors.  It is accepting that he wishes for us to truly count on him to provide all that we need. 

When Jesus speaks about this he stresses that our needs are not supposed to even enter our mind.  We are not to give it a thought.  We are supposed to keep journeying toward the Kingdom of God and allow the Father to care for our needs as we do so.  I admit that I struggle with this even as I write it. 

There are cares and difficulties that clamor for my thoughts and energy.  It becomes a mental tennis match of my lack of faith serving a shot of doubt and worry.  My faith bats it away trying to focus on Christ and following him.  My fallen nature returns the volley with despair and guilt.  I must constantly infuse my thoughts with what the Father promises me. 

He has given everything, including his own Son to show me that he loves me.  He has promised to care for me.  Those around me have made it clear to me that I have a difficult time allowing others to serve or care for me.  I must be still and learn this.  I must fight the thoughts that doubt that.  I must cast my all my care upon him because he cares for me.  He cares for you as well Dear Reader.  Perhaps we can remind each other that we need not worry.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment