26 October 2018

Never Apart ~ Focus


Greetings Dear Reader,

This Christmas will be odd for me.  I face being away from many that I am used to seeing.  When I place so much of my celebration of the day on family this proves to be daunting in simply pondering it.  Add to that the possibility that Thanksgiving may be the same and it doubles the potential difficulty for me.

The must-dos and conclusions will have to wait until closing on this one but there is groundwork that needs laying.  What I do need to consider is that there are many that will have it worse that I will.  There are those who spend all of the holy days alone when they would prefer not to do so.  I am not gong to be alone but I will be in a different situation than I have been.

It drives home for me that I need to begin now to look at what I do have.  It is my obligation to focus on what is real about these days.  It is my responsibility to remember that the emphasis is to be on gratitude and celebration.  It is not time to mourn what I wish was true.  It is time to see what is there to count as a blessing. 

As I build toward the conclusion of this short journey, I must remember that I control so little of what happens.  I cannot make things the way I wish them to be.  I can control my heart, mind, and attitude so that I focus on love, gratitude, and celebration of the beautiful things that are.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    

No comments:

Post a Comment