24 October 2018

The Least of These ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

We live in a world where there are many in need.  It is taxing on our spirit when our needs exceed our ability to meet them.  We all see those in need if we only look up and observe.

In the next days we will begin to hear of efforts to feed the poor and care for is want.  In a little over a month the Salvation Army kettles will appear and we will notice them or we will not.  Reminders of the poor are now and will always be all around us. 

I must not let a day pass that I do not express gratitude for all that I have and be aware of those in need.  All that I have is by God’s grace and provision.  It is given to me to care for not to possess.  It is not mine to own but to care for and manage. 

All that I truly possess is intangible.  The Father’s love and grace gives me life and feeds me.  It provides for my needs.  Everything I have to use or consume is intended to help me see that love and grace.  It is also intended to help others see the provision of the Father in our lives.

As I move on to other topics that are part of this journey, I must do so with the understanding that the Father wants me to see the needs of others and meet them where I can.  He desires for me to depend on him for my needs so that he can show his power and love through provision.   Jesus made it clear that whatever we do to those in need we do to him.  What are we doing to Jesus today?

The other day someone asked me how I was doing financially.  My immediate response without thinking was, “God provided for me for today.”   Should that not be how we always respond Dear Reader?  Is ii not our obligation to depend on our Father every day?  As we move on to other thoughts and questions more aligned with the seasons, can we agree to see those in need as we do and promise each other that we will help where we can?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Twitter            Medium    
Facebook      Google +   

No comments:

Post a Comment