21 October 2018

The Least of These ~ But what about…Part 2


Greetings Dear Reader,

I feel poor.  I have not had a real job in a year and a half.  I worked briefly over the summer but there is still nothing for work that sustains me.  It is not for lack of trying.  I continue to focus on my writing and marketing it.  But there is more.

We always ask when we discuss the needs of the poor, “What about my needs?”  I am in the position where I have to weigh every penny I spend.  I do not know where my ability to meet my needs is going to come from.  I am learning what it means to depend on the Father for all my needs. 

Yet in the midst of that I have this yearning to give.  I long to be able to help others.  It saddens me that I do not have enough to share with those in need.  I realize that any day someone could pick up one of my books and make it an overnight best seller.  In light of that I have a plan, written down, of how I would help others.  I want to always have a heart to give every moment.  I do not want to be someone who is guilty of worrying about my own needs when the Father points me toward the needs of others.

The least of these are always with us.  There is always someone who has greater need than me.  There is always something that I have to give.  I write this blog mainly for my own walk with Christ.  I also put it out there for you Dear Reader in hopes that you benefit from my journey and that perhaps you can journey with me from time to time.  I hope you see it as the gift I mean it to be for you.

We are required to consider those in need.  We are obligated to listen to that voice that tells us to help.  When we feel the pressure of our own needs the Father promises to meet them.  He promises that he has great plans for us.  He promises to supply all our needs through Christ according to HIS riches and glory.

If I truly believe that the Father will care for me, then I dare not think “What about my needs” when I feel the needs of others in my heart.  I cannot afford to neglect that the Father is my source and wants to help others through me.  Perhaps this writing will help you be free to do that as well Dear Reader.  There is no one so poor as those with abundance who will not give to those in need.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜Ê– ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    

No comments:

Post a Comment