19 October 2018

The Least of These ~ Unity

Greetings Dear Reader,

When we consider the poor in our lives, how do we think?  Do we see the homeless and needy as part of our community?  Do we love them as neighbors?  If we follow Christ do we see them as part of our church?

Forgive me if this makes you uncomfortable.  I am not trying to create guilt or pressure.  I am trying to recall my own obligation relative to those who are poor and in need.  The least of these in every community are not the sole responsibility of the local government.  We are not allowed to relegate them to the fringe or marginalize them as people we can ignore. 

Those in need are our business as much as any other good endeavor.  The danger is that if we neglect those in need we damage our own unity in Christ.  We become unable to function in the manner we are intended to just as if our physical body had a traumatic injury or loss.  Instead of being able to follow Christ we limp along believing that we are following. 

We fail to follow when we create the disunity of neglecting the poor in our community. I cannot claim to be seeking unity and to love all humans if I do not seek to help the poor where I can.  Even now, when I am down to near nothing I need to be aware of ways in which I can give to the needs of others.  My prayer needs to be that I have enough to give to those in need.  I cannot create unity and peace if I neglect those in need.  There are so many with greater needs than mine.  The call is to community and I am supposed to include everyone.  Do you agree Dear Reader?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    

No comments:

Post a Comment