10 October 2018

Second Thoughts ~ And it Makes Me Wonder


Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes when there is an upheaval in life you learn things you wish that you did not know.  As the facades and deceptions are torn away you see truths that to which you were previously blinded.  The pain of this is genuine, damaging, and enduring. 

In some cases what you see are faults and flaws in you that you must purge and repair.  In other ways you see the flaws in others that damage you and also need mending in the other individual.  The danger for me is that this violation makes me wonder about other things.  It drives the part of my mind that is a reader of signs and finder of truth.  You see things in the light of revealed betrayal that you would not see in the soft warm glow of trust and mutual respect.

As I am seeking to become more laser focused on faith and following I am seeing things that want to derail me and shift my attention.  Instead I am drilling deeper on love, forgiveness, grace, and loyalty.  Where I am offered rejection, I am keeping faith.  Where I am devalued and unwanted, I intend to keep the door open and devote more prayer. 

I will not stop loving those who refuse to show love to me.  I will not break faith with those who have broken it with me.  My sin is partly responsible for every broken relationship in my life.  I have to deal in grace and love because that is what I so desperately need from the Father.  I dare not refuse it horizontally to others when I need it so much from above.

If you are among those who follow in faith, it may be that we all need to open the door and make sure that others know that reconciliation is always an option.  Those who have wandered from the journey home may still need a hand to help them back on the path.  If we promised to love them, then their failure to love us in return is not an excuse to reject them.  We need to make sure that the light is always on for them; there is always a seat by the fire for them; and you have enough to share with them. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment