25 October 2018

Never Apart ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things on which we begin to focus as we turn toward the closing of the year is family.  In many ways we have reduced holy days to family days.  All Hallows Eve is about kids and candy to many.  Thanksgiving often revolves around family, football, and fighting for bargains.  I have heard many say that Christmas is about time with family.  None of this is bad as long as it does not exclude the purpose intended in the observations. 

Facing the holy days this year with family that is fragmented and far flung has me pondering what I can do to focus on the purpose and keep my heart concerning those I love.  I tend to worry too much over proximity and time.  Currently I cannot do much about either of those things.  I need to think through how I am going to honor my family and still respect their wishes and needs.

There are some mental disciplines that I need to adopt in any case.  Perhaps something so important to me is a good place to test them.  We are so often in situations where we cannot be with those we love.  Whether it is though wrong doing, life choices, or circumstances outside of our control we face separation from those with whom we wish to be.

If we dare to love others it is the Kobayashi Maru of our relationships.  (“The Kobayashi Maru is a training exercise in the fictional Star Trek universe designed to test the character of Starfleet Academy cadets in a no-win scenario.”)  To paraphrase Captain Kirk, how we face separation is at least as important as how we face togetherness.  How we deal with each other when we cannot be together reveals our priorities concerning others.

Since I am facing this on a scale both beyond my heart and outside of my understanding, I must examine how I am going to walk through it.  I must figure out what matters.  I must be aware of how these things will impact me and order my thoughts so that I deal with them well. 

In this bit of the journey I expect there to be much sorrow and heartache.  Please walk with me Dear Reader.  Being prepared to deal with it can make things better for us and for those we love.  Please let us reason together on how we can be sure to be the best we can be when separated from each other. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    

No comments:

Post a Comment