22 October 2018

The Least of These ~ The Fatherless


Greetings Dear Reader,

I have discussed this relative to my own journey.  I have just begun to correlate it to the bigger picture in a way that is vital to the overall journey.  The idea father is one of which I realize that I have so little understanding.   Someone told me recently that I cannot father well until I learn how to be a son.  My understanding of good fathers is so limited.

Our culture has lost the idea of real fathering.  Too many of us have a poor concept of what a loving father is.  We have too many fathers who have abused and abandoned their children.  We are a fatherless society in desperate need of fathers.

The relation to this topic is that so many fatherless are seen as the least of these.  Fathers failing to be there emotional, mentally, and physically for their children have created a poverty that is unparalleled.  It is not only one of physical need but it is a psychological, emotional, and faith poverty that leaves us destitute orphans.

We are supposed to be representing the Father to the world in all of his love and grace.  We are meant to show the Father heart of God to the world.  When we do not show this love by helping those in need, we hinder their ability to see the Father.  We all need to see this.

Attending to the needs of others; really helping the fatherless is a way to see the Father more clearly ourselves.  In helping the fatherless with their needs, we get to see the impact of the Father’s love in real action.  We are benefited by both the giving and the observation.

The idea is for us to become conduits for the love that the Father wants us all to share.  When we see the needs of others through a father’s eyes, we find that we have more compassion, more desire to help, and the motivation to give.  We can abandon selfishness.  We can become better children of the Father.

This terrifies me.  I must admit that it also is evident that I am in the midst of learning how much the Father loves me and wishes to be a Father to me.  I am learning and having to own how poor a father I have been.  I must focus on learning before I can ever hope to be an example to others. 

I do not know what the Father has in store for me.  I am trying to let him Father me.  I am ready to learn.  It is taking a full reset of who I think I am.  It requires that I trust in ways that I do not know how.  I can see how this past year has required me to lose so much to begin to learn this.  Please keep praying for me Dear Reader.  I am praying for you to see the Father and all his love for you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Twitter            Medium    
Facebook      Google +   

No comments:

Post a Comment