18 October 2018

Second Thoughts ~ The Silence of God


Greetings Dear Reader,

I am sure that I will write more about the silence of God at a later date.  This song shattered me today.  One of the places where I am arrogant is in forgetting that when God seems silent to others it can be a great crisis.  Today I was crushed by the weight of those I love who struggle with or have given up on faith.

My faith that God is there and that he hears me is easy.  My faith that he will do for me what I want him to do for others is another matter.  I have been weeping all day for the ones I love who need to feel the love and healing of the Father.  I have been aching all day at how painful it must be to lose faith when it was once so strong.  It must feel so lonely to have seen God do things in your life and reach the place where you dismiss them or rationalize them away. 

If only to understand their plight I welcome the places where I cannot find the answers I seek.  The things that break us apart are so powerful.  I can see that I am being torn all the way down to that which is basic and vital.  We have all seen God move and make himself known to us.  In our pain and sorrow we forget it.  Palindrome, Maxim, Bezel, Christmas, and Avalon.  Please forgive me for not seeing the depth to which this is a failure in me and for not being better at seeing your needs.

I have no idea how to make restitution to you for not seeing this.  I assure you that I feel the depth of it now.  I love you all more than I can express.  My timbers are shaken to the foundation.  If you will, please listen to this song and pray for me Dear Reader. 

The Silence Of God – Michael Card

It's enough to drive a man crazy; it'll break a man's faith
It's enough to make him wonder if he's ever been sane
When he's bleating for comfort from Thy staff and Thy rod
And the heaven's only answer is the silence of God

It'll shake a man's timbers when he loses his heart
When he has to remember what broke him apart
This yoke may be easy, but this burden is not
When the crying fields are frozen by the silence of God

But when you have to listen to the voices of the mob
Who are reeling in the throes of all the happiness they've got
When they tell you all their troubles have been nailed up to that cross
Then what about the times when even followers get lost?
'Cause we all get lost sometimes...

There's a statue of Jesus on a monastery knoll
In the hills of Kentucky, all quiet and cold
He's kneeling in the garden, as silent as a stone
All His friends are sleeping and He's weeping all alone

And the man of all sorrows, he never forgot
What sorrow is carried by the hearts that he bought
So, when the questions dissolve into the silence of God
The aching may remain, but the breaking does not
The aching may remain, but the breaking does not
In the holy, lonesome echo of the silence of God

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    

No comments:

Post a Comment