08 October 2018

Daily Bread ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

Long ago when such worries should not have been mine I recall having to scour the house for enough pennies for my bus fare to school.  My progenitor did not care about my needs or providing for them.  He had no desire to be a father to me.  I grew up without the understanding that a good father provides for his children.

It may not be until these last few weeks that I have realized just how dependent the Father wishes us to be on him for “our daily bread.”  When Jesus uses this phrase in his model prayer he said it this way, “Give us this day our daily bread,”   

 This being harvest time in America, I see the abundance of summer’s labor in the markets and along the motorways.  Over the weekend I saw large trucks loaded with green beans and yellow corn.  This also means that my part of the world has turned the corner to Autumn and is headed toward winter. 

Part of the process of healing from the things that hinder me is to break the foundation cemented in me as a boy that a father will always fail.  I need to understand what it really means to depend on the Father for my daily bread.  This process is already painful.  It is already breaking open places that I have long walked over thinking they were beneath a slab and long forgotten.

What lies beneath is in the past and cannot be changed but must be confronted so that I can forgive and love.  I must work through what it means to depend on the Father as a trusting child.  I know that I cannot make this journey alone and so covet your prayers as I do so Dear Reader.  Your company, thoughts, and questions are also treasured by this scribbler.  Please walk with me as I try to understand what I should have always understood so that we can both be the better for it. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment