31 October 2018

The Deathly Hallows ~ All Hallows Eve


Greetings Dear Reader,

The idea of things being hallowed is not as common to us as it should be.  To hallow something means to set something aside as holy.  This can be a bit confusing as holy means to be set apart.  Instead of pontificating on holiness I am going to be very simple and perhaps provide an image that may be helpful for our journey.

We are all supposed to be set apart to God.  The idea of being holy is not really given the attention it should.  We do not focus on the real purpose of Halloween.  The Father wishes for us to be set apart to him.

I have been using an image this month as I see the decorations, lights, and jack-o-lanterns appear around town.  That image is focused on the pumpkins.  I am using the idea of a pumpkin, hollowed out, re imaged by the creator, and filled with light to remind me to be holy.  Again, I do not mean the prideful approach to holiness that is false and hypocritical.  I am talking about being set apart to the Father as an obedient and loving child.

My desire is to remember that I am supposed to be emptied of self.  I am supposed to be recreated by the father to the image he wishes.  Then I am supposed to be filled with his light so that others can see what God does with his creation.

Enjoy your fancy dress parties and your children walking through the neighborhood to get candy.  I intend to see the pumpkins amidst the mirth and remind my heart and soul that we are all supposed to be hallowing our hearts for the holy days ahead.  I will be asking the Father to hollow me out and fill me with his light and love.

Happy Halloween Dear Reader.  May this holy day be safe and filled with the same for you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    

No comments:

Post a Comment