29 October 2018

Never Apart ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I have struggled with loneliness my entire life.  I have always tried to keep those I love close to me.  Instead of building closer ties as I wished it created resentment because of my unrecognized neediness. 

The Forgiven - Thomas Blackshear
If I believe what I say I believe then I have some things that can help.  I can be better at being father and a friend if I employ some truths that I have never really embraced.  The first is that the Father will be a father to me if I let him.  He will care for me as a beloved little child.  He understands my cared and woes and even in my loneliness he will teach me how to see him and his presence.

The second is more personal in an informational sense but also vital.  I know that all of my children have had real faith and been doing their best to follow Christ at some point in their lives.  This means that even if I am never with them again in this life that there is hope.  Our time here is so brief and all I care about is this:  I want their hearts to heal.

I have prayed for years that the Father would do whatever was needed to draw them back to him.  This last year I have been praying that the Father could do whatever he wished to me to do the same.  I want to warn you Dear Reader that this is a dangerous prayer.

My life has only one constant left in it.  It is teaching me that the Father is always there.  He is showing me that my children are really his and that he will deal with them as he needs to in order to draw them back.  In the mean time he has decided to teach me how to be alone and that even then they are never parted from me.

He has put things in my mind and heart that I thought I could never accept.  It is hard, painful, and terrifying at times.  It is also awakening old dreams that are good and more connected to following Christ.  I am still a lonely soul but I am learning how to be alone.  As I prepare my heart to deal with the holy days with less family presence than I like I am comforted with the understanding that they are with me even when they are a million light years away.  We are connected in Christ and he moves in all of us to bring all things back to good.

I hope this thought helps you Dear Reader.  It is more for my benefit as always but you too, are someone I love and value.  I wish I could be with you more.  We all need to remember that eventually we will not longer be parted.  We will no longer be lonely and afraid.  Accepting that brings more comfort than I ever thought.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    

No comments:

Post a Comment