08 December 2019

Carrying Christmas in my Heart ~ The Dreams of a Child


Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

At meals, my brother often asks his children if they had any dreams whilst sleeping.  The stories that unfold from that inquiry are often amusing and entertaining.  It is also clear that my brother nurtures the dreams of his children. 

I mentioned recently that I have not had a nightmare since May.  Before that, I cannot recall a week since I was nine, when I did not awaken from some terror pursuing me in my sleep.  I mention that because there is another side to the coin.  I have also begun to have some lovely simple dreams over the past six months.

This has led me to ponder something that I think about from time-to-time over the years.  Since Jesus was human, what were his dreams?  There is a song, Prince of Peace, that mentions this.  As I listened to it yesterday, I was reminded of how deeply I identify with some of the things that I think are the dreams of Christ. 

The first is the line in the song that always catches me, “He dreams of hopes unspoken, when the tears of man will cease.”  Just a cursory reading of the Gospels will tell us that this is a dream of Christ’s.  It is also a promise, that every tear will be wiped away.  I ponder other things that are dreams but also promises relative to the future.

Jesus has promised to draw all men to himself.  I long for that.  He told us that there will be a time when all things are back to the “good” that existed before there was sin in the world.  You see, Dear Reader, the dreams I have had of late focus on a life lived making those things a reality.  The Prince of Peace is moving daily to bring things back to him and make them good again. 

The peace of Christmas announced by the angels is that of a journey not just that moment in Bethlehem.  It is the growing permanence of our peace with God.  It is the truth that one day all tears will be wiped away and we will see that every man is our brother and every child is ours.

The practical way to carry Christmas in our hearts is to also share this dream and the journey home to it.  We dream not only in the gossamer landscapes of the night but in the dream of a day when it is always Christmas and never winter. 

Some day there will be a Christmas where there are no tears.  There will be a celebration of Christ where no one suffers and we all get to share his joy with him.  That, Dear Reader, will be a dream come true. 

The Prince Of Peace – Trans-Siberian Orchestra

In the middle of a forest
There's a clearing by a stream
Where a mother holds her newborn
And the Child begins to dream

And He dreams of hopes unspoken
When the tears of man will cease

And His mother holds Him closer
For He is the Prince of Peace

And the moon is looking downward
Casting shadows through the trees
And the stars are shining brighter
As they whisper what they see

Let the bells ring out these tidings
Let it echo across the land
That a King is born in Bethlehem
And his Kingdom is at hand

Let the world rejoice together
As it looks upon the stars
Knowing every man's our brother
And that every child is ours

Hark! the herald angels sing
Glory to the newborn King
Peace on Earth and mercy mild
God and sinners reconciled
Joyful all ye nations rise
Join the triumph of the skies

With the heavenly host proclaim
Christ is born in Bethlehem
Hark! the herald angels sing
Glory to the newborn King

In the middle of a forest
There's a clearing by a stream
Where a mother holds her newborn
And the Child begins to dream

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 



No comments:

Post a Comment