08 December 2019

Second Thoughts ~ Carrying Christmas in my Heart ~ Second Sunday of Advent


Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

The second thought for today is to ponder the faith that it takes to even celebrate Christmas.   I am not talking about belief in the traditions and lore.  I am thinking of the faith it takes to believe that the God of all Creation would become like us just to redeem us.

I mentioned that this is also our hope last Sunday.  The second Advent Candle calls for us to have faith.  It asks us to believe that our Christmas dream of all things being good can become a reality.  We have faith for the purpose of getting us past the things we find difficult to endure.  Faith is fuel.

Faith will nourish the dreams of which we spoke this morning.  It will guide us through the long dark of winter.  It is the thing that allows us to live and move.  So, Dear Reader, light that candle of faith and let it light way to Christmas and beyond.

This Christmas Day – Trans Siberian Orchestra

So, tell me Christmas
Are we wise,
To believe in things we never see
Are prayers just wishes in disguise
And are these wishes being granted me
For now I see
The answering
To every prayer I've prayed
She's coming home this Christmas Day

So, tell me Christmas
Are we kind,
More this day than any other day
Or is it only in our mind
And must it leave when you have gone away

It's different now
It's changed somehow
And now you're here to stay
She's coming home this Christmas Day

And all at once the world
It doesn't seem the same
And in a single night
You know it all has changed
And everything is now as it should be

I have the ornament
I have the perfect tree
I have a string of lights
I have a chance to see
Everything that my heart thought could be

For of all the dreams
You were the first I knew
And every other one
Was a charade of You
You stayed close when I was far away

In the darkest night
You always were the star
That always took us in
No matter who we are
And so she's coming home this
Christmas Day

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment