21 December 2019

Carrying Christmas in my Heart ~ For Those Who Dislike Christmas


Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

I realize that I am on the extreme end of the scale when it comes to my feelings about Christmas.  In that enthusiasm, I am working to also hold Christmas in my heart for those who struggle with the season for whatever reason.  This is a genuine difficulty that people I love face annually.

Recently one of my most faithful Readers sent me the following.  It is shared with her permission.  “I realize I have not sent you a comment or ‘liked’ your BLOG in a couple of weeks.  Honestly, I have to avoid it during December.  You write so much about the joy of Christmas that I feel like I am watching an event in which I may never participate.  When I have expressed this to you, you have treated me with love and kindness.  I wanted to show the same by not just being silent.”

I deeply wish for everyone to feel the joy I feel over Christmas and the season.  I also never want to be blind to the needs of those who cannot.  I do not know how to mitigate the pain of loss, trauma, or circumstances that cause one to hurt over this Holy Day.  I do know that my lack of understanding must not keep me from being understanding.  Feel free to avoid things that are too much for you.  Also, feel free to engage in things that will bring you joy.  It may be elusive but it is worth pursuing.

If you need to tell someone why you struggle with this season, I am willing to listen and want to hear.   Your story is as important to me as is anyone's.   I simply did not wish for you to feel that I do not care about you or your struggle.  It is not wrong for you to feel the way you feel.  There is no time clock on your healing.  I will always have some Christmas cheer to share with you anytime you need it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas From Dashania and Brenda at 2nd Time Around, Your Favorite Little Store!!! We've Been Missing You!!! Have a Truly Blessed and Wonderful Christmas!!!
    #JESUSISTHEREASON

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing soul. I knew that from day 1. It would be hard to not feel the spirit in your presence. I'm blessed to know you. Merry Christmas to you, Sir.

    ReplyDelete