18 December 2019

Carrying Christmas in my Heart ~ Presents Presence


Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

All my shopping is complete.  I have wrapped everything that I was going to wrap before I travel.  I have some local gifts to deliver tonight.  I will begin my travel on Friday.

As I was sitting last night surveying the complete cornucopia of blessings I am blessed to give to others, I pondered how little it means in comparison to the gift of time with family and friends.  For the last year, I have had dinner with my brother and his family at least four nights a week.  I have had deep and real conversations with friends that required no eggshells on the ground or pretense of position.

The thing that is sometimes hardest to give is presence.  It can be difficult to be in the moment and engaged with difficult family members or people who rub us the wrong way.  It is also the greatest gift we can give.  It is what defines giving love and kindness.  When we give our true loving selves to others, we give a gift no one else can give.

It does not matter how much or how little you spend.  If we are going to carry Christmas in our hearts, we must always give ourselves away.  We must be real with others and at the same time be loving, kind, and generous.  We must be present and not distracted by things that do not promote that love.

Engage with people in the Spirit of Christmas.  Allow the joy and kindness flowing from you to envelop them by listening, interacting, and being unoffendable.  The power of the love of Christ can cloak us in the ability to be good to anyone.  I love you Dear Reader and pray that your Christmas is filled with the real presence of those who love you.

I’ll Be Home For Christmas – Sarah MacLachlan

I'll be home for Christmas
You can count on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents on the tree

Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams

Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment