12 December 2019

Carrying Christmas in my Heart ~ Reconnecting


Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

Each year I ponder people whom I love dearly but for one reason or another have lost touch.  It may be circumstance or simple busyness of life.  It may be something more serious.  This is the ideal time to reach out and reconnect.

If it is a simple situation, one can use social media or call the person.  If the situation is more complex, one can write a letter or send a Christmas card.  An old friend wished to reestablish his conversation with me and falsely thought there was an offense between us.  He sent me a coffee-shop gift card and asked me to arrange a time to sit and enjoy some coffee and give him a call.   I was delighted by the effort and the expression of humble kindness.  We did reconnect and have been speaking regularly for about six months.

This is the time of year when absences and divisions can weigh on us most heavily.  It is also the time of year when we are meant to seek peace.  It was given to us and is intended to be extended by us.  Peace on earth must begin with me and my attempt to live at peace with all men. 

We are meant to love and care for each other.  We must, therefore, endeavor to reconnect with those with whom we have traveled in the past.  It does not have to be taking up where we were.  It can be simple and brief.  The point is to be the one who attempts to reconnect.  Let others know we are here and open to congress if they are willing.  Mend a fence.  Rebuild a friendship. 

If you feel for any reason that you cannot reach out to me, Dear Reader, rest assured that I would love to hear from you.  The joy in my journey is rich when I get to reconnect with friends and family.  There is nothing between us that I will not forgive or fail to own if need be.  There is always time for absent friends. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment