01 December 2019

Carrying Christmas in my Heart ~ Opening Thoughts


Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

I have always considered The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis a Christmas novel.  It is Mr. Tumnus’ line, “It is winter in Narnia,” said Mr. Tumnus, “and has been for ever so long…. always winter, but never Christmas.”  It is a story filled with adventure, sorrow, hope, and joy.  If you have not read it, you must.

It is the hope in this story that I carry in my heart always.  It is the hope of a time when it will be always Christmas and never Winter.  I happen to love Winter so it is not the season but the idea that hope for; an idea where we constantly celebrate Christ (Christ-Mass).  The other side of that coin is that the world no longer has the death and darkness of Winter. 

As I press full steam toward Christmas Day, I wish to offer some practical thoughts on how to carry Christmas in our hearts at all times.  I have put things in place in my life so that I think about Christmas every single day.  It makes a difference in my thoughts, attitudes, and actions.  It keeps me aware of my surroundings.  It motivates me to look and listen for opportunities to show Christ to others and give them a little Christmas even in June. 

What I have learned about this attitude in our journey is that if we are present, aware, and willing, the opportunities to live out Christmas every day arise.  The chance to share joy and love with others is ever-present.  The need is ever crying out for someone willing to meet it.  The world needs a little Christmas every moment.  It is our opportunity and obligation to celebrate Christ thoroughly and always.  The easy path to doing this is to carry Christmas in our hearts every single day.

In this joyous journey I have other things to share with you Dear Reader.  I will unfold what I wish to build on my firm foundation of love and grace over the coming year.  The Father has already put things in my path to celebrate others and that too has filled me with great joy.  I am praying for and hoping with others who have a clear vision of how they too can share the journey home with those in need.  We will celebrate them along the way. 

Mostly, Dear Reader, I hope to provide you a bit of an oasis from the pressures and challenges that this season can present if we are not present with Christ in each moment as we search for the right food, gatherings, and presents.  My Christmas wish is to walk with you and share my joy in the one who leads us home to that place where it is always Christmas and never Winter.  Please share with me your thoughts and questions.

A Christmas Song – Jethro Tull

Once in Royal David's City stood a lowly cattle shed,
where a mother laid her baby.
You'd do well to remember the things He later said.
When you're stuffing yourselves at the Christmas parties,
you'll laugh when I tell you to take a running jump.
You're missing the point I'm sure does not need making;
that Christmas spirit is not what you drink.

So how can you laugh when your own mother's hungry
and how can you smile when the reasons for smiling are wrong?
And if I messed up your thoughtless pleasures,
remember, if you wish, this is just a Christmas song.

Hey, Santa... pass us that bottle, will you?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment