15 December 2019

Carrying Christmas in my Heart ~ Ten Day Challenge


Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

Ten days from now mornings will be filled with wishes of Happy Christmas and the sounds of wrapping paper being torn by excited children of all ages.  The run-up this year has been shorter due to the lateness of Thanksgiving.  Only one weekend remains before Christmas and I can feel how busy everyone is.

So, here is a challenge I will undertake and I would like to issue it to you as well.  From today until Christmas Day, find something that will help you carry Christmas throughout the year.  It can be a small treasured knickknack or decoration.  I have a small pewter nativity that I keep on my desk at all times.  It travels with me as well.  This small talisman is so special that it evoked one of the stories in The Twelve Tales of Christmas.

Perhaps you can seed your calendar for the coming year with reminders to carry Christmas in your heart.  I have two or three items in my digital calendar with reminders for each month.  Another way my calendar reminds me is that as I ponder the birthdays or family and friends, I make notes for what each person might like for friends.  I keep this list in an easy to access place.  This helps me keep an eye out for gifts that may honor the heart of Christmas and that person all at once.

I can go on but I think you get the idea.  Choose ten things to remind you throughout the year that we live from December to December.  I will talk about the fullness of time tomorrow in detail.  Today, however, I wish to challenge you Dear Reader.  I would treasure it if you shared with me how you plan to carry Christmas in your heart throughout the year.

If you need other ideas you are free to ask me.  I do promise this; if you make the love of others your business, your congress throughout the year, keeping Christmas will be easy.  Be certain that I think of you and Christmas every day of the year.  My love for Christmas is an extension of my love for Jesus and for you Dear Reader.  Perhaps a year of pondering Christmas will improve your love for others as well.  The gauntlet is thrown down.  I long to know if you choose to pick it up.

Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem – Sarah McLachlan

O little town of Bethlehem,
How still we see thee lie.
Above thy deep and dreamless sleep
The silent stars go by;
Yet in thy dark streets shineth
The everlasting Light.
The hopes and fears of all the years
Are met in thee tonight.

For Christ is born of Mary,
And, gathered all above
While mortals sleep, the angels keep
Their watch of wond'ring love.
The morning stars, together
Proclaim the holy birth,
And praises sing to God the King,
And peace to men on earth.

How silently, how silently
The wondrous gift is giv'n!
So God imparts to human hearts
The blessings of his heav'n.
No ear may hear his coming;
But in this world of sin,
Where meek souls will receive him, still
The dear Christ enters in.

O holy Child of Bethlehem
Descend to us we pray
Cast out our sin and enter in
Be born in us today.
The Morning Stars together
The great glad tidings tell
Oh, come to us abide with us
Our Lord Immanuel

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment