17 September 2013

A New Horizon for Others

Greetings Dear Reader,

I taught the first class of a new quarter last night.  It was both joyous and exhausting.  Thirty people took the first step toward a better career and a better future.  There were ups and downs to the evening as I set a tone and began to lay out my expectations for the next eleven weeks.

Every individual has his or her own story and aspirations.  These new students are venturing into one of three technology fields and I have the responsibility of helping them lay the foundations for that venture.  I have a deeper responsibility.  I have thirty more souls in my care. 

No matter where they come from I have a responsibility to reflect Christ to them to the best that I can.  I know that the first thing I must do is communicate to each of them that I care about who they are and who they wish to become.  I must see them as individuals and be sensitive to individual needs, fears, and character.  I must love them as Christ loves them to the depth of my capacity to do so.

I must be constantly aware that God has brought these souls into my circle for a specific reason and never fail to be aware that this is my most important role in their lives.  I no longer teach in an environment where Christ has center stage in every classroom.  I miss that greatly.  This means that he must be seen in my love and care for my students.  He must be obvious influence in my good treatment of others. 

Every one of these new souls matters to me.  I will do all that I can to assure their academic success and hopefully for some they will also gain a new insight into the world that matters.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment